Sunday, February 3, 2013

And the Ravens Win!


This year, at the beginning of football season, I decided that I didn’t just want to cheer for a football team, because my dad likes that team. I wanted to pick a team to cheer for by myself. I started watching different NFL teams play and one team really stuck out to me. Their team consisted of a former Iowa State player, that I remembered watching, Kelechi Osemele, and Michael Oher from Blindside. I instantly fell in love with the Baltimore ravens. I loved the way they played and I started watching all their games. They did well, but I could have never imagined that they would be the Super Bowl XLVII (I think that’s 47 but I am not really sure and do not feel like looking it up) champions!

 

The game was pretty intense. Baltimore had a good lead at half time. Baltimore also made a 50ish yard pass to get a touchdown and got and interception before half time. BeyoncĂ© sang at the half time show and I was pleased with her performance, although I had heard from someone that Justin Timberlake was going to be singing with her, so I was disappointed when he didn’t. After half time ended Baltimore Raven’s Jacoby Jones, ran for a 108 yard kick return, leaving the Baltimore Ravens winning 28-3! When everything seemed good, the lights went out. They had to take a 30 minute break until the lights turned completely on again. This somehow boosted the 49ners confidence and they had a good comeback, scoring 17 points in around 4-5 minutes. The Ravens didn’t give up though. They scored 2 field goals and stopped the 49ners from scoring a touchdown with 2 minutes left of the game. John Harbaugh made some good decisions to let the 49ners score a couple points, to buy time and when the 49ners got the ball after a punt, there was 4 seconds on the clock. Baltimore won 34-31!

Words-330

No comments:

Post a Comment