Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Creative Side


 
Lately I have been feeling all artsy and creative, which is a little unusual for me. Although I really like art, I am generally not that creative of a person. A couple weeks ago I cut some old jeans into shorts, found it really fun, and have been DIY-ing ever since.

 

I think the coolest thing that I have done since my creativeness started up a couple weeks ago is a pair of shorts that I made from a pair of old jeans. I started out by cutting the jeans to be a little longer than where my fingertips reach. Then I ripped the seams at the bottom of the jeans and bleached them to have a little lighter of a color. Next I got a bleach pen and drew stars on one leg and stripes on the other, then washed them and repeated that step. They turned out looking really awesome and they were really easy. I will try to get a picture up soon.

 

At cross country camp I saw a lot of girls who cut tee-shirts into tank tops, so I decided to try it. I didn’t have much guidance and just cut off the sleeves and neck line at random. It ended up being a little harder than I thought it would. I ended up having to lower the neckline and broaden the arm holes. I finished by tying a strip of fabric around the back. I am really excited about making these tank tops and plan to make more, with hopefully more success.

Here is a picture of tank tops similar to the one I made:

Pinned Image
http://pinterest.com/pin/175781191676454277/

 

I also made a collage of photos. I bought a simple cork board, stained it a darker brown to match my room, and filled it with pictures of my friends and family. This was a surprisingly interesting project. The pictures brought up so many good memories and the board adds personality to my room.

 

I have also been doing many other creative things like making bracelets, hair bows, and coming up with my own recipes. I have been searching pinterset for my next project to start and I am hoping this sudden creativeness continues.                                            Words-367

No comments:

Post a Comment