Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cross Country girl problems

Today I wanted to wear a pair of sandals, but unfortunately I am a runner and I have gross feet.
Being in cross country is awesome, but there are a lot of problems a girl in cross country comes across. Wearing sandals is just one of the things that is hard to do when your a runner.

NEVER forget to wear socks when your running if you ever want to wear sandals again. Socks are a very important part of running, so don't be afraid to spend some money on some quality socks. Look for socks that say dry-fit; they are amazing at preventing blisters. Also make sure your shoes fit right. If you don't pay attention to your socks and shoes you will have gross feet and you don't want to be the one to ask if you can sneakers to homecoming, because sadly you can't.

The other day I went jean shopping. Any runner will automatically know the problem here. Does anyone else have a waist that's two sizes smaller than your legs? I swear I tried on like 30 pairs of jeans before I found some jeans that fit right! Thank God for super stretch jeans! I ended up buying a pair super stretch jeggings from American Eagle and Hydraulics from Yonkers. Thank you, American Eagle and Hydraulics, I now have jeans my legs can breathe in.

Another HUGE problem every runner girl faces is the endless hunger and the never gaining weight. I know never gaining weight might seem like a good deal, but seriously it would be nice to have some curves. When you see slightly chubby men with bigger boobs then you, well let's just say there goes my self-esteem for the day. I really feel like I cannot eat enough food. I get hungry, I eat all the food in my house, and an hour later I am starving again, so I go to the grocery store and the whole process starts over again. I eat like a sumo wrestler and I look like an anorexic. I guess I do like to eat, but it would just be nice to gain a pound every once in a while. Our teacher offered us extra credit once if we gave blood, which sounded like easy points to me since I don't mind needles at all, but unfortunately there's a weight requirement for giving blood.

There are so many problems cross country girls face every day, but it's all worth it, because running is something all cross country girls love.

No comments:

Post a Comment