Thursday, September 6, 2012

Why Run?


Most of the time when I tell people how much I run every day, they think I am crazy and sometimes its hard for me to argue with them. Every once and a while the blazing hot sun is out, the temperature reaches 100 degrees, and our coach decides to make us run 8 miles with faster times then we are used to. Those are the runs that make me really start to question why I run, but then I think of all the reasons I love to run.

The feeling you get after you run hard is my favorite thing about running. You get this feeling of accomplishment and relief. You feel amazing that you just finished the run and you feel relieved that it’s over with. I really can't explain how it feels after you finish a run, but I think that some people call it a "runners high." I highly recommend that you go run and really push yourself and feel accomplished.

I also love running, because it keeps me in shape and makes me feel healthy. It's really hard for me to stop running for a long time, because after about a week I feel gross, unhealthy, and even lazier then I normally am. You definitely don't have to run to be in shape, but running is a very effective way to work out, because running involves almost every muscle in your body.

I also really like running, because I am good at it and it’s a sport that everyone can be good at. I really believe that if a person works hard and trains right they can be a good runner. It takes a lot of work (and I can’t express that enough), but you don’t have to be coordinated and you don’t have to be playing the sport since you were five to be good at it, you just have to want it. That’s something I really love about running. I know that as long as I still love to run and am willing to work hard, I will constantly get better.

I really do recommend that everyone try to run. That doesn’t mean you have to go join your cross country team right at this moment or start running 50 miles a week, but you should start with a mile or two every other day and see if it’s something you love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment