Sunday, September 9, 2012

Teamates


Cross country is an awesome way to make a lot of friends. Some of my best friends I met in cross country! Our team is just like a big family. My teammates are super nice and super positive! It’s almost impossible to not make a friend in cross country. I think my freshman year would not have been nearly as good as it was if I hadn’t done cross country. It was really helpful to know upperclassmen before school even started.  

It’s really nice to have friends who have the same hobbies as you. It’s a lot easier to run with friends then to run by yourself! You also get to see your friends every day after school and you pretty much have the same extracurricular activities, so it’s easier to plan parties.

Cross country girls couldn’t be more encouraging. Seriously, we are constantly saying good job or giving high fives. It’s really awesome to have a team that wants to see succeed just as much as you want to. Although, all the cheering and good jobs can be kind of tiring when you’re doing a hard run and every time you pass someone you have to say good job, it’s worth it to know you have an awesome, supportive team.

I have a lot of good times with my teammates. We share a lot of laughs and always have a good time.  This week we have a team bonfire, so I am really excited for that. We also do team dinners before a meet and we have popsicle Friday’s. I love hanging out with my cross country team!

I also feel like cross country doesn’t have as much drama as a lot of other sports teams. Don’t get me wrong, there is still drama, but not nearly as much. Even compared to track, which a lot of the cross country girls also do, there is not nearly as much drama.

Cross country is a great way to make a lot of friends and have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment