Sunday, October 7, 2012

Color Run!!!


Yesterday I walked the color run in Des Moines. It was awesome!!!!!! I highly recommend it to everyone. It’s a 5k where you can run, walk, or dance and volunteers throw this colorful dust at you along the way. It is also international.

Since my coach and my dad would kill me if I ran the race, since it’s so close to state, I walked the whole way. 5K’s feel a lot shorter when you are walking them then when you are running them. I went with 3 of my really good friends who also run cross country. It was soooooooo much fun!!!!

You walk about 1000 meters until you see a giant cloud of color ahead and you start to hear music playing. This was the point where I started getting really excited and probably looked like a lunatic. In the cloud of color there were people with bottles of colorful dust that were spraying the dust at us while we passed. I really wanted to get super colorful so I just stood in front of the volunteers until they sprayed me with color, laughed when I am still standing there, and then sprayed me again with color. After the race there was a party. At the beginning of the race they gave you packets of color dust and then at the end, everyone sprayed their color dust everywhere. It was so awesome!!!!!!!

 

 

 




After the run we went to McDonalds and my face was still slightly pink and my hair was green, and then I ordered 20 chicken nuggets and a McDouble, so I got some strange looks.

Here are some tips if you ever go to the color run.

1.    (slightly obvious, but needs to be said) BRING A CAMERA

2.    Wear white (also a bit obvious)

3.    Make sure you stand in front of the volunteers, until they spray you with color dust

4.    Take your time going through the color dust

5.    Do not use your color dust they give you until the party, because it’s so much more fun to use it then, and it’s really annoying when you use it before then.

6.    CLOSE YOUR MOUTH, the stuff tastes gross!

7.    Be prepared for this dust to go everywhere. Blowing my nose afterward was very disturbing and it was also in my ears. It also does not wash out of hair that easily, so I had to go to a haunted house with green hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment