Friday, October 12, 2012

Conference Champions!


First Kennedy girls Cross Country team to win Conference!!!! Last night’s meet was exciting! I ended up finishing second, our team was first by 15 points and our coach won the coach of the year for our conference!!! This race had a lot of good aspects, but there were bad things about it too.

It was awesome that we won and we made history at our high school, but I think our team could have ran a little better. No one is really improving much, but we still won the meet and there was two really good teams there. I just hope we keep placing well and then maybe when theres even more competition we will run faster times.

We also have a new fifth runner. CS was beat by JR, which kind of surprises me and worries me. Both runners tend to be inconsistent and we really need both of them to pick it up. JS has been out most of the season with injuries, because she doesn’t run during the summer! This pisses me off how she doesn’t train and then all the sudden she’s running well than all these girls who have been to every practice and have worked really hard. She even kicked TM off of varsity, and she has never run a race other than varsity, and now she won’t be able to run in state her senior year! L It just shows how some people are naturally good runners and other people (like me) have to train extremely hard to improve. If you’re a naturally good runner, you should still come to practice and at least make it look like your trying, or else you’re just making the rest of the team feel bad.

Although that made me mad, I am glad that we have another good runner. I am also scared for our other runners though. No one’s really improving. KW, AC, LM, and me keep on running around 10 seconds worse than we did a few weeks ago. I am hoping once we start tapering (lowering the miles we run every day) we will start getting better. I am putting my faith in Jensen  (our coach) that he knows what he is doing and the training will make us better for districts and state.

So, this was most people’s last meet. I am going to miss everyone. Our team will now only consist of our 7 varsity runners and 3 alternates. This is one of my least favorite parts of the season. I have so many friends on J.V. and my sister is not on varsity, so I won't be able to see all these people nearly as much as I am used to and this really makes me sad.

There were a lot of not so great things about this meet, but overall it was a pretty good meet. We had 3 girls get first team all-conference and a girl who was 1 second off from first team all-conference! The coase was a decent coarse. The weather was not amazing, but it could have been a lot worse and a couple of my friends came to cheer us on. I also got ice cream after my race so that is always a plus.
Our Varsity team and our coaches.

KW, me, and AC with our first team all-conference certificates.

No comments:

Post a Comment