Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rankings?


I am not a huge fan of cross country rankings. Iowa Association of Track Coaches creates a list of the top 15 teams and the top 30 runners in 4A, 3A, 2A, and 1A. I feel like these rankings are very inaccurate though. Last year I was not even ranked and I finished 16th at State.

Right now I am ranked 5th which really confuses me. It seems like the top 10 finishers of our last meet are the exact same top 10 rankings in the state. So I finished 5th last meet and now I am ranked 5th? This really confuses me. I am wondering if all the other schools had a really hard course, but it still does not really make sense.

Our team is now ranked 3rd. Dowling Catholic is now ranked 2nd, yet they only have 2 people who are even ranked! And Linn-Mar beat us last meet, but they are ranked 4th.

So, basically, just don’t trust the rankings, because they make no sense at all and more than likely the state meet won’t turn out like the rankings say it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment