Sunday, January 13, 2013

Best Day Ever!


Friday in second period my teacher asked me what my third period class was, because a friend of his from Iowa State was visiting. He had told me that he was friends with the Iowa State coach Paul Roads and when he told me this I was ecstatic. I have always wanted to meet him. So in third period I was practicing my Chinese fan dance when all of the sudden I see Paul Roads standing next to my teacher! I ran up to him, introduced myself, and shook his hand. We talked about Memphis and my cross country running, but unfortunately I was so nervous I didn't really know what I was saying and I don't think I made much sense. I wish I could have come up with better things to say and not have sounded so stupid, but it was Paul Roads!!! How could you not be nervous? Meeting him turned my boring day into one of the best days. Paul Roads is an awesome coach!

words-170

No comments:

Post a Comment