Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cooking


I am generally not a good cook and I normally don’t cook, but because I can think of absolutely no other topic to write about, I am going to write about my experiments with cooking. My dad is a REALLY good cook, unless he is trying to make something really creative with the random crap that is going to expire in a few days and we probably shouldn’t have bought in the first place, but my mom can’t say no to the swan’s man. Most of the things I cook come from boxes in the freezer that you just have to microwave, but there are a couple of things that I do make.

Pretty much the only dinner that I can make is fettuccine alfredo and (not trying to brag) it’s really good and easy to make. First you put a little butter in a pan and this random seasoning/spice thing that my dad almost always has in the fridge (sorry that’s not really a helpful description if someone is actually reading this blog and is considering making it, but that’s pretty unlikely so I am keeping it anyway).  Then you add a packet of cream cheese and a handful of parmesan cheese. Next you slowly add milk until it has a somewhat thick, but still sauce like, consistency.  Then you cook the noodles and you’re done! It only takes like 15 minutes to make and its surprisingly really good!

For dessert, I can make a microwave brownie in a mug. This is also very easy and it only takes like 3 minutes to make! I also think it tastes a lot better than normal brownies. I don’t have the recipe memorized, but I got this one from www.food.com.

2 tablespoons butter, melted

2 tablespoons water

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 dash salt

4 tablespoons granulated sugar

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Directions:

1. In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, butter, vanilla and dash of salt. Whisk well.

2. Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.

3. Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Careful not to overcook.

4.Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.

I can also make really good white chocolate mocha coffee. I am not really sure where I learned this recipe, but I am guessing it was my sister, because she is obsessed with adding a whole bunch of crap to coffee so it tastes “better.” But this recipe is actually really really REALLY good and I strongly recommend that if anyone is still reading this blog, you should go make it right now! All you have to do is melt a few handfuls of white chocolate chips with about 1/2 – 1 cup of milk (just add milk until it is a very thin consistency and it is still very sweet). Then you add the mixture to 2/3 cup of coffee or really however much coffee you want until you get a taste that is perfect for you. Its super easy and super good, so try it!

That’s pretty much everything that I cook. Occasionally I will attempt to cook something else, but it normally doesn’t turn out very well. I strongly recommend that you try these extremely easy, yet extremely good recipes.

Words-555

No comments:

Post a Comment