Sunday, January 13, 2013

NFL vs. College Football


I have been raised on football, going to Iowa State games with my parents, watching the Vikings play on T.V., even going to sports bars with my dad when I was a little girl. As the years go by my love for football increases and now I watch football all the time even when I don’t have a favorite team playing or my dad isn’t around.  After all these years watching football I started to wonder whether I liked the NFL or college football better. There are many similarities between the two, but there are also many differences.

In the NFL all the players are being paid. It seems to me that when I watch NFL some of the players care more about how well they do and what their paycheck is going to be than how well their team does. They just don’t put their heart in the sport like college players do. College players are trying to make it somewhere, they want to go to the NFL, the team acts as a family and I feel there is a bigger connection between them than what you would see in a NFL team.

Another difference between the NFL and college football for me is that it is so much harder to go to a NFL game than a college game. This doesn’t apply to everyone, but college games are a lot less of a drive than NFL. College games are also normally on Saturdays, while NFL mostly Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays and NFL games are more expensive. Nothing beats going to a football game and not just watching it on T.V., but NFL games are so much harder to go to.

Playoffs are awesome! NFL has playoffs that lead to the super bowl where you can watch two of the best teams fight for the trophy, while college teams go to bowls. Don’t get me wrong, bowls are a lot of fun, but it is one fun game and then the season is over. With playoffs you get to see teams really pull through and sometimes surprise you, because they all want to make it to the super bowl.

Another thing that makes the NFL better is that there is less, “Oh Shit,” moments. NFL players are just better; there aren’t as many interceptions with an 80 yard run or missing a field goal from the 20 when there is no wind. The players are simply better, especially the defense, but it can also be very fun when it’s your team with the 60 yard run.

NFL and college football are both really fun to watch. Although I love them both, in the end I think I like college football better. NFL might have playoffs and better defense, but you can’t beat cheering in the stands and the passion that college players have and NFL players lack.

Words-479

No comments:

Post a Comment