Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Best Things In Life


I really really really don’t want to blog, but since I am kind of required to I am just going to list and describe the 15 things that I enjoy the most in life.

1.        Waking up to the rain. Nothing beats the soothing sound of rain splattering against the window to wake you up in the morning, until you realize that you are probably going to have to go outside and walk to your car in it.

2.       When you get more wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. One time I got 17 wings for the price of 12!

3.       When my mom forces me to go to the grocery store with her and then there are a bunch of really good free samples.

4.       Thinking you failed a test and then getting an A. I really wish this happened more often…

5.       When, for a very brief moment, you have higher grades than your sisters. When I say brief, I mean like almost a day, because the teacher entered your sister’s grades wrong, but whatever yours are still higher.

6.       Waking up to a big, delicious breakfast. With eggs and bacon and pancakes, and fruit and now I am getting hungry.

7.       After Iowa State wins!

8.       Running on a sunny, yet cool, peaceful morning. Those are the moments that make running my favorite thing to do.

9.       Peeling off plastic from something you just bought. Not really sure why this is so great, but it definitely is. Enjoy the little things.

10.   Taking a shower after you just got your haircut. Your hair feels so soft and nice.

11.      Turning your phone on and finding a bunch of texts. For me the texts are normally from my parents or my sisters and then I am disappointed, but for the few seconds that I think I have a lot of friends, it makes me very happy.

12.    Thinking that you look like crap one day and then getting a lot of compliments.

13.    When your stomach does that weird flippy thing on roller coasters. It is the best part of roller coasters. I love amusement parks.

14.    On car rides home with my family and we are all laughing and then me and my sister’s start singing really bad and annoying my parents. Probably not what most families do on car rides home, but who knows.

15.    My absolute favorite thing in the world is after the state cross country meet, when I realize that I just did well and I am attacked with hugs by my family and friends.

 

Those are my top 15 favorite things that I could think of at this moment, but I am definitely forgetting some things. There are probably a lot of things that don’t apply to people, but there are some that apply to almost everyone.

Words- 475

No comments:

Post a Comment