Sunday, January 27, 2013

Track season


There are only 15 more days until track season and I feel much unprepared. I have a lot of goals set in mind for the season, but I feel like they are going to be extremely hard to accomplish, considering I am very out of shape. I haven’t been running nearly enough.

I hate running in the winter. It’s cold and snowy and I have a hard time running more than 4 days a week, because something always prevents me from running. Today I woke up and got ready to go on a run, only to learn that the roads were covered with a thick layer of ice and my mom won’t let me leave the house. I also haven’t been running enough miles. I always get to cold or have hard time breathing, because of the air and then I have to cut my miles short. I also can only run 3 miles on the tiny 150 meter track at the gym and only 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym before my legs start to hurt or I get dizzy from running around in tiny circles for too long. Now I am so out of shape and even if there is a nice day that I can actually go outside without freezing, I am completely exhausted and can only run 6 miles. There are a lot of girls that I compete with that have been running a lot more. I know a few girls that go to an indoor track at a college, that is more than 150 meters long and I talked to a girl who had just finished running 10 miles. I am so far behind my competition in track and I am scared that I won’t be running with them anymore.

I also need more running clothes. I just bought new shoes for the season, another pair of Brook’s Ghost, which are a little bit lighter than the last pair I had, so that’s good. I need more running tights, but I have no idea what the weather is going to be like. I don’t know if I should by long warm running tights, or cooler capris tights (our coaches don’t let us wear shorts unless it’s over 80). I could also use more sweatshirts. This year our team might buy some waterproof sweats, so hopefully we do that and then I won’t have to worry about waterproof clothes.

I am really scared for track and I have a lot to do before it starts, but I am also really excited. I am just going to have to work a little harder to catch up with everyone and I might have to use a little bit of my savings to buy proper clothes, but I am hoping it will be a good season. I want to make it to Drake and score at State, so hopefully if I work hard I will achieve those goals.

Words-492

No comments:

Post a Comment